bhindi raita | vendakkai raita, (Learn how to make bhindi raita with video and step-wise picture) is another raita recipe in the blog. This taste completely differs from other raita recipe. And it is perfectly matched with all pulao, biriyani dishes. If I say bhindi raita, the sliminess of bhindi strikes in our mind. But don’t worry, In this raita, firstly, we will deep fry the pieces of bhindi until the edges gone crisp. So there won’t be any slimy texture
This is the most tastiest raita ever from my experience.
Let us see how to make it.
bhindi raita | vendakkai raita
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1 green chilly
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp oil
- 150 gram bhindi/ vendakkai/ okra/ ladies finger
- 3 cups curd/ yogurt (whisked)
- salt as required
Roasting and grinding:
- Firstly, heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan, fry the cumin in mildly and add 1 green chilly
- Fry it in low flame without getting scorching
- Let it cool a while
- Transfer the fried cumin and green chilly into a blender along with 2 tbsp of shredded coconut
- Blend it nicely with little water, Keep aside for later use
- Heat 2 tbsp in the same pan, add thinly sliced vendakkai/bhindi.
- saute it for 3 minutes in low flame, put some salt
- once the bhindi becomes soft, Increase the flame to medium and saute in medium to high flame to get the edges of bhindi pieces gone crisp and slightly brown
- Then turn off the flame. Let it cool for 2 minutes
- Take 3 cups of whisked curd/ yoghurt, Firstly add the ground paste and salt mix well
- Then put sauteed bhindi/ vendakkai over it and serve
Step-wise Picture Recipe:
- Slice the vendakkai/ bhindi into thin pieces that minimize the sauteeing time
- Saute the bhindi pieces into crisp and brown, that makes the raita to have unique smoky smell, and also, tastes good
- I have added 1 green chilly that gives the medium spice level even the kids can eat.
- Alternatively, if you have an air fryer at home, we can use it for frying the bhindi/ vendakkai, also with less oil usage.
Snake gourd raita
Bottle gourd raita
And also, follow us on,