indian recipe dessert | carrot halwa with condensed milk, carrot halwa is widely popular all over India. carrot halwa with condensed milk easy to make recipe compared to other methods. Using condensed milk makes the shortcut method to make carrot halwa or gajar halwa. And also halwa made of condensed milk looks more creamy, and flavorful as well. I used regular carrots, If you get a chance of getting Ooty carrots, you can go for it. That will gives you a reddish-orange color. the ingredients of the recipe are so simple to keep in mind.
Let us see how to make indian recipe dessert | carrot halwa with condensed milk
indian recipe dessert | carrot halwa with condensed milk
- 2 tbsp ghee + 1 tsp ghee
- 500 gram carrot
- 1 cup milk
- ¾ cup condensed milk
- 1 tsp rose water
- 1 tbsp almonds (slivered)
- Heat 2 tbsp of ghee in a pan
- Put grated carrot, saute it for 5 minutes, carrots starts oozing out moisture
- At this stage, add 1 cup of milk and cover, and cook for 5 minutes on medium flame. stir occasionally
- ar 5 minutes, carrots got cooked well, at this stage, add ¾ cup of condensed milk
- stir until halwa consistency is reached.
- then add 1 tsp of ghee and mix
- and, add 1 tsp of rose water and mix (otherwise cardamom powder 1/4 tsp)