dessert recipe | broken wheat payasam | godhumai payasam, One of the most unique and delicious payasam. Most of the payasam is made with milk, but this one is with coconut milk. Wheat is a healthier option all the time. Making dessert with wheat and coconut milk makes it healthier as well as tastier. This payasam is very popular in Kerala.
Coconut milk is used here from coconut milk powder. 2 tbsp coconut milk powder is mixed with 1 cup of water to make 1 cup of coconut milk.
Let us see how to make dessert recipe | broken wheat payasam | godhumai payasam
dessert recipe | broken wheat payasam | godhumai payasam
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp cashew
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 1 tbsp coconut pieces(small)
- ½ cup broken wheat
- 3 cup water
- 1 cup jaggery
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- In a pan, heat 1 tbsp of ghee, and fry cashews, raisins, and coconut pieces into slight brown. And then take it off
- With the remaining ghee, add ½ cup of broken wheat, fry it in ghee for 2 minutes
- Now, add 3 cups of water, boil it on low flame and keep the pan covered with a lid.
- After boiled well, add 1 cup of jaggery, mix well, and add a pinch of salt
- Next, add 1 cup of coconut milk, mix well
- finally, add cardamom powder and mix well and turn off the flame.