carrot halwa recipe | gajar halwa recipe is home friendly sweet, whenever we want to prepare we can prepare with available ingredients. In this recipe, I have used very simple and home-based ingredients like milk and carrot. other methods include adding mawa, and condensed milk. These kinds of ingredients won’t be available at home all the time. So I used simple ingredients to make this halwa anytime.
More than anything else I like the ingredient’s quantity very much. Because it is easy to keep in mind that, 500 gm carrot, 500 ml milk, and 1/2 cup of sugar.
Let us see how to make carrot halwa recipe | gajar halwa recipe
carrot halwa recipe | gajar halwa recipe
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp cashew (broken)
- 1 tbsp almonds(slivered)
- 500 gram carrot (shred)
- 500 ml full cream milk
- ½ cup sugar
- pinch saffron strands
- ⅛ tsp green cardamom powder
- Firstly, wash and peel off the carrot, and shred
- Secondly, heat the 2 tbsp of ghee in a heavy-bottomed pan or non-stick pan.
- roast 1 tbsp of cashews and 1 tbsp of almonds slivered, take it off, and keep it aside for later use.
- Put the carrot shred, and saute it in the remaining ghee in the pan for a few minutes
- Next, add 500 ml of full cream milk, and boil
- Stir occasionally until milk got reduced, (It took 15 minutes for me to milk reduction)
- once the milk got reduced, add ½ cup of sugar and mix
- Sugar liquified in heat, keep stirring
- add a pinch of saffron strands
- once the halwa consistency is reached, add green cardamom powder and roasted nuts and mix. Now the carrot halwa or gajar halwa is ready.