Curry leaves chutney, curry leaves are the one nutritious packed spinach that we should add to our diet often. Making curry leaves chutney is an easy way to add curry leaves to our diet. This chutney nicely pairs with idly as well as dosa. I have added urad dal for the binding agent. That gives a smooth texture to chutney. We all know eating curry leaves on daily basis will increase the hemoglobin count in the blood. Those who are living in the region with less availability of spinach can include these curry leaves in terms of curry leaves chutney, curry leaves rice, curry leaves kulambu, etc.
Let us see how to make curry leaves chutney
Curry leaves chutney
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp urad dal
- 1 Kashmiri red chilly
- 1 small piece tamarind
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic (chopped)
- ½ cup curry leaves (tightly packed)
- ½ cup coconut pieces
- salt to taste
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan, add 1 tbsp of urad dal, 1 kashmiri red chili. roast it until urad dal becomes slightly brown.
- Next, add garlic (chopped), a small piece of tamarind, and saute
- then add onion (chopped), and saute well until onion becomes translucent
- Now add ½ cup of curry leaves and saute well
- Next, add ½ cup of coconut pieces, just mix.Let this mixture cool well, and then, transfer it to a blender jar. blend it into a smooth paste. Then chutney is ready.