red capsicum chutney | bell pepper chutney Red bell pepper rich in vitamin C, contains vitamin B6, vitamin A, and folate, also it has a lot of antioxidants.
When adding bell pepper in any of dish, we would use only 1/4th or 1/2 part of it. But for making chutney, we can add whole bell pepper. So it is an excellent way to use highly nutritious veggies as a whole in our diet.
Here I used one red Capsicum/ bell pepper, in the end, I got deep orange-colored chutney, looks so yummy, let’s see how to make it.
Red Capsicum chutney/ Red bell pepper Chutney
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp urad dhal
- 1 dry red chili
- 1 kashmiri red chili
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- 1 red capsicum/ red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp tamarind extract
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- A pinch asafoetida
- few curry leaves
- Heat the oil in a pan, put cumin and urad dhal, saute for a minute.
- Add the red chilies
- Add garlic and onion, saute it till onion turns into translucent
- Add red capsicum and saute for 3 minutes
- Let it cool for a while
- Transfer the mixture into a blender jar
- Add tamarind extract, salt, and water
- Blend into a fine paste
- Temper with mustard seeds, curry leaves, and asafoetida.Now the chutney is ready.
Stepwise Picture Recipe:
The chutney is ready.
Also, check out
sesame seeds chutney
also, follow us on,