halwa recipe video | tirunelveli halwa | wheat halwa recipe, Everyone’s favorite sweet is tirunelveli halwa in the southern part of India. The attribute ‘tirunelveli’ is given to this halwa because this district tirunelveli is famous for its authenticity of making the tastiest wheat halwa. Patience is vital in making this halwa, it takes 1 hour for cooking alone. In the end, I was shocked by the quantity, because I used 1 cup of wheat flour and 1 1/2 cup of sugar for preparing this halwa. It yielded 580 grams.
And It is the second time preparation at home, I already made it for a trial yesterday, so In total, I have more than 1 kg of halwa. that is made with just 2 cups wheat flour totally.
halwa recipe video:
Let’s get into the recipe of halwa recipe video | tirunelveli halwa | wheat halwa recipe
tirunelveli halwa | godhumai halwa | wheat halwa recipe
- 1 cup wheat flour
- ½ cup water for kneading
- 4 cup water for soaking
- 1½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup ghee
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp chopped cashews
- keep the greased container ready
- Take 1 cup of wheat flour and ½ cup of water knead well into a smooth dough
- add in 4 cups of water and soak it for 2 hour
Extract the wheat milk from the dough:
- After 2 hour, take the bowl of dough and water, just squeeze the dough and mix(the milk-like thing start to dissolve in water)
- Next strain the water-wheat flour milk mixture(you will get the wheat milk alone)
- discard the semi-solid residue comes while straining
- Heat the pan, add 2 tbsp of sugar, keep the flame low until it becomes brown color (caramalized)
- In another pan, pour in the wheat milk, keep stirring in the medium flame,then add caramelized sugar and mix well
- Keep stirring it for 20 minutesMeanwhile, add 1 ½ cup of sugar, mix well
- After 30 minutes, start adding ghee, Keep stirring in the low-medium flame by adding ghee in batches
- At one stage, halwa leaves the sides of the pan, gathers together as a mass, In that stage keep the flame low, pour in remaining ghee, and mix
- Now add cardamom powder and fried cashews. Mix
- Transfer this halwa into a greased container
halwa recipe video | tirunelveli halwa | wheat halwa recipe
Stepwise Picture Recipe:
Caramelizing the sugar:
(halwa recipe video | tirunelveli halwa | wheat halwa recipe)
tirunelveli halwa | wheat halwa recipe
🌷 Use a non-stick pan or heavy-bottomed pan for making halwa.
🌷 keep the flame low-medium at all stages. If you are keeping the flame in medium, keep stirring without even a break.
🌷 While adding caramelized sugar into the wheat milk, make sure the wheat milk is heated up. so that while adding caramelized sugar, it will combine with the milk easily. (after 2 minutes of heating the wheat milk, we can add the caramelized sugar
🌷 After 30 minutes of stirring, you can start adding ghee 3 tsp at regular intervals (halwa recipe video | tirunelveli halwa | wheat halwa recipe)
🌷 In the end, there is no sharp endpoint to turn off the flame. Once the halwa consistency reached you can take off the pan if you want soft halwa, or if you want a little hard chewable halwa keep it on the flame (by stirring)for 2 more minutes
🌷 Keep a greased container ready before starting the process of making halwa, and immediately transfer the halwa to the container once the preparation is done.
🌷 Along with this halwa recipe video | tirunelveli halwa | wheat halwa recipe also check out other halwa recipe in the blog
And also follow us on