Everyone used to make masala vada using split channa dhal, for a change I am making vada using white channa. Masal Vadai / Masala vada. You could find the difference in this vada while you have it at the first bite itself, it would be crispy at the outside and soft inside. That’s is the main difference in this vada comparing with usual channa dhal vada.
For making vada, we must be prepared; we need to soak the channa for 8 hours, channa would become double the size of its original appearance after 8 hours. Once you make this vada, you will stick in this method of using white channa, because I followed this type after I prepared it once.
Masal vadai/ Masal vada
- 1 cup white channa
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste/crushed
- 2 Kashmiri red chili
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup coriander seeds (finely chopped)
- curry leaves few (finely chopped)
- oil for deep frying
- salt to taste
- Wash the channa and soak it for 8 hours/ overnight
- Drain the water completely, transfer into a blender jar.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, Kashmiri red chili, asafoetida, salt, blend it coarse paste. (blend it in two batches if you feel the quantity is more)
- Transfer the ground paste into mixing bowl, add fennel seeds, onion chopped, coriander leaves chopped, curry leaves. Mix well
- Make perfect balls, press it at the palm to make patties.
- After oil heated, gently put the patties inside, fry it in medium flame in batches, till it becomes golden brown.
Stepwise Picture recipe:
Also, check out,
Sweet corn Vada
moong dhal bhajiya
bottle gourd vada
and also, Follow us on