oats idli |oats recipes indian |instant oats idli recipe is a perfect breakfast or dinner food that can be made instantly. Healthy, tasty idli can be made at any time we want. Any soaking or fermenting processes not required. And also it is a way more good recipe for those who look for a break from food made of rice. As everyone knows oats have good fiber content that makes you feel full for a long time. All the Instant idli /dosa recipes are really helpful at the time of running out of our usual fermented idli/ dosa batter. When it comes to idli, it is a part of the south Indian diet every day. These hot idlis served with chutney and sambar mostly in breakfast sometimes in dinner too.
oats idli |oats recipes Indian |instant oats idli recipe, The process of making instant oats idli is almost the same process as rava idli. Regarding the taste and texture, it is completely different for both idlis. In this recipe, I have used rolled oats for making the idli.
- Dry roasting the oats till it gets crisp, then powdering is the first step. make sure the oats get cooled before grinding into powder.
- Be mindful of adding chilies. If you are going to serve for kids 1 green chilly, or no green chilly will be recommended.
- Based on the availability of carrot at home, you can add or you can skip. Instead of Eno fruit salt, you can add a pinch of baking soda.
Let’s get into the recipe of oats idli |oats recipes indian |instant oats idli recipe :
oats idli |oats recipes indian |instant oats idli recipe
- 2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp oil
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds
- ⅛ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp urad dal
- ½ tsp chana dal
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 2 green chilly finely chopped
- few curry leaves
- 1 cup rava suji/ semolina (fine rava)
- 1 cup curd/ yogurt
- 1 cup water + 4 tbsp of water
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- ½ tsp Eno fruit salt
- 1 tsp salt
Roasting and Grinding of oats
- Take 2 cups of rolled oats in a pan, dry roast it in medium flame for 3 minutes or until it becomes crisp
- And then turn off the flame, let this roasted oats cool down completely
- Transfer it to a blender jar, make fine powder
Roasting the rava:
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan, splutter ¼ tsp of mustard seeds, ⅛ tsp of cumin seeds, ½ tsp of urad dal, ½ tsp of chana dal, Saute for a while
- Next, add in 1 tsp of chopped ginger, 1 green chilly (finely chopped), few curry leaves, (chopped), grated carrot. saute for a while
- Now transfer this sauteed carrot mixture into the mixing bowl, and keep aside
- Now add in 1 cup of rava | sooji in the same pan, Keep the flame in medium, roast it for 5 minutes or until it turns fragrant (you could see the slight color change form white to browny white)
- Turn off the flame, transfer the roasted rava to into mixing bowl, wait for it to cool
- Then add powdered oats and mix well
- Now pour in 1 cup of curd, ½ tsp of salt, 2 tbsp of chopped coriander leaves. mix well.
- Pour in 1 cup of water, give a mix, cover the bowl with a lid. Rest it for 15 minutes
- after 15 minutes, the batter becomes a little thicker, so add 4 tbsp of water, mix well
- finally, add in 1/2 tsp of Eno fruit salt (or 1/4 tsp of baking soda), mix well
- Now pour in greased idli platter, Steam cook for about 10 minutes
- After steamed, take off from the idli platter immediately, Serve the idli with chutney or sambar
Stepwise Picture Recipe:
Roasting and grinding the oats:
Roasting the rava:
making batter for oats idli:
After 15 minutes:
Now the batter is ready to pour in idli platter
After steaming the idlis, immediately take off from the idli platter and serve hot.
Now the oats idli is ready.
Along with this oats idli |oats recipes indian |instant oats idli recipe , also check out other breakfast recipes,
And also follow us on,