sabudana dosa | sago green dosa | javarisi green dosai is a dosa that is entirely different from normal dosa but also, tasty. Any spicy chutney (kara chutney) will be a good combination of this dosa. Adding up the spicy things like ginger, green chilly, cumin makes this dosa so tasty
What is the difference between our usual dosa and this (sabudana) javarisi dosa?
- It is purely made up of rice, sago (sabudana/ javarisi) and fenugreek.
- No urad dal
- While pouring dosa, we cannot spread it too thin in dosa pan as we usually make it in normal dosa.
- flipping up of dosa in dosa pan is a must thing instead of just cover and cook. Because if we make dosa by cover and cook, it will not be properly cooked. so make this dosa by flipping the side, make sure it got cooked well in both side.
- cooking in low- medium flame is important to this dosa, so it will take more time to cook than normal dosa
Let us see how to make sabudana dosa | green sago dosa | javarisi dosai with video and step pictures
sabudana dosa | green sago dosa | javarisi dosai
- 1 cup sabudana/ javarisi/ sago
- 1 cup idly rice
- ¼ tsp fenugreek seeds vendhayam/ methi seeds
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 green chilly
- salt to taste
Soaking javarisi(sabudana) and idly rice:
- Rinse twice or more times javarisi and sabudana separately
- soak it with enough water for about 6 hours
Grinding the batter:
- After 6 hours of soaking drain off the water from sabudana and rice
- firstly, transfer the sabudana in the blender jar, blend it finely with little waterAnd then, pour it into the mixing bowl
- Next, add soaked idly rice into the blender jar, blend it finely with little waterPour in the mixing bowl containing sabudana batter
- In a small blender jar, add in 1 green chilly, 1-inch ginger, 1 cup coriander leaves, 1 tsp cumin, blend it with little water and keep aside
- Take the bowl containing batter, add in the ground masala, 1/4 cup curd, and salt.give a nice mix, add water if needed to reach the dosa batter consistency.
- Rest it for 2 hours (or 8 hours)
- (cook this dosa in low to medium flame)Heat the dosa pan, pour a ladle full of batter in itspread it mildlysprinkle some oil or gheeKeep the flame mediumonce the side brown, flip the dosakeep the flame medium until the two sides become golden brownAnd then take off
Step-wise Picture Recipe:
For spicy masala:
This dosa will take nearly 4-5 minutes to cook
Along with sabudana dosa, also, check out,
and also, follow us on ,