sweet lemon pickle, this pickle is not only sweet, But it is also a combined taste of sweet, spice, and sour. In this recipe, there is no oil added. We can have this pickle as a side dish for rice varieties as we usually do it with normal lemon pickle. There are varieties of lemon pickle and recipes, this recipe is an instant method and easy to make.
Traditionally, when we make pickles, resting the pickle for 3 days or more is an important step. But nowadays instant preparation seems easy. Because we completely forget the thing which we rest it for pickling. And finally, we end up with spoiled veggies after a week. so all prefer instant pickle recipes in their busy life.
Indians are fond of pickles, at least we have two varieties of pickles in our refrigerator in every home. This sweet lemon pickle is the one that makes us prepare in repeated times for sure.
For long shelf life:
- Store it in air-tight container
- Keep the pickle in refrigerator
- Use a dry spoon to scoop up.
- Keep covered at all times except when taking it for serving
Lets get into the recipe of sweet lemon pickle.
sweet lemon pickle
- 500 gram lemon 4 big lemons
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp kashmiri red chili powder
- ½ cup jaggery
- Firstly, take the lemon, rinse and wipe off completely
- Then cut the lemon into wedges, remove the seeds, again cut into small pieces
- Put all the lemon pieces into a bowl, now sprinkle 1 tbsp of salt and give a good mix
- Keep the bowl covered, Rest it for 2 hours
- After 2 hours, heat a pan, put the lemon pieces in it, Keep the flame in low.
- Now add 2 tbsp of Kashmiri red chilly powder, mix well
- And then add ½ cup of jaggery and mix well (flame- low)
- let this mixture on flame for 5 minutes, or until jaggery melts
- then turn off the flame, let this pickle cool
- After it cools down, transfer the pickle into a clean dry air-tight container
Stepwise picture recipe for sweet lemon pickle:
Now the sweet lemon pickle is ready
you can use this sweet lemon pickle as side dish for all rice varieties.
You may find this sweet lemon pickle looking runny consistency, but when keep it in fridge, next it will become thick
Depends upon the tanginess of lemon, you can adjust the quantity of spice and jaggery. Particularly, you can increase the amount of jaggery with 1 or 2 tbsp extra, if it is needed.
Before adding this pickle into container, let this cool completely.
Don’t overcook, once you transfer the lemon pieces into the pan, keep the flame low, Cook until jaggery melts. overcooking may lead to an increase in bitterness
With this sweet lemon pickle, there are other recipes of pickles you can check out,
Also, follow us on,