apple pickle | green apple thokku, This thokku is a mixed flavor side dish. It contains sweet, sour, spicy. It is a combination of grated apple with spices and cooking it to a perfect consistency. Whenever we have green apples we can prepare them with those apples. The reason to make this thokku with the green apple is it has a more sour taste than normal apples. Whoever doesn’t want to have pickles, even they would like to taste, if we say the pickle is made of green apples. “Pickle with green apple” sounds interesting right!
Let us see how to make apple pickle | green apple thokku.
apple pickle | green apple thokku
- 4 tbsp oil
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 2 green apple (400 gram)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp trumeric powder
- 2 tbsp Kashmiri Red chilly powder
- ¼ tsp fenugreek powder
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Heat 4 tbsp of oil in a pan, splutter ¼ tsp of mustard seeds, add a pinch of asafoetida
- Now add in the grated apple, and saute for few seconds
- And then, add ½ tsp of turmeric powder and a tsp of salt and mix well
- Keep the flame low, cook for about 10 minutes, Stir at regular intervals
- After 10 minutes, add in 1 tbsp of Kashmiri red chilly powder and ¼ tsp of fenugreek powder and again cook for about 5 minutes on low flame. (Stir at regular intervals)
- And then turn off the flame, finally, add 2 tbsp of lemon juice, let this thokku cool down. After it got cools down, transfer it to a clean dry glass jar.
Stepwise Picture Recipe:
- If your green apples are super sour, you can skip adding lemon juice or add a little amount.
- Use dry clean bottle to store this thokku, use dry spoon to scoop up.
- we can store in refridgrator for a 10 days
- We can use this thokku as a spread for rotis, sandwiches and as a pickle for rice varieties.
Along with this thokku, you can also check out other pickle and thokku varieties in the blog,
And also follow us on,