mango pickle recipe | Instant mango pickle recipe is a quick and easy method, we can make this pickle in 10 minutes. While selecting the mangoes, choose completely green and sour mangoes. I have used super sour mangoes. You can adjust the quantity of spice and salt according to the sourness. we can consume this mango pickle straight after the preparation. Among all types of pickles, mango pickle is the favorite one of many of us. Traditionally, for making mango pickle, mangoes will be mixed in salt and rest it for 3 days, then it oozes out water content, then it will be tempered with spices and then we start using it. But many of us feel it is a long and time-consuming process, we skip all those things, after chopping we do tempering and then start using the mango pickle. For 2,3 days mango pieces would be hard, but after that will becomes soft. so the process is easy
- Select green mangoes which are firm outside means unripe mango
- The mango variety must be well sour. Only that kind of mangoes would be good for mango pickle, in this recipe, I used sour mangoes
Chopping the mangoes:
- Before chopping the mangoes, wash it completely, wipe off with cloth or tissue paper, dry it.
- chop into small and thin pieces this mango pickle recipe.
For long shelf life:
- store in a dry air-tight container
- use dry spoon every time you take
- Refridgerate the mango pickle for long life
Oil for tempering:
- Usually, sesame oil will be used for tempering the pickle, here i Have used the same. But we can use sunflower oil too in case of lack of sesame oil
Quantity of spice powders:
You can adjust the quantity of spice powders depends up on the tanginess of the mangoes. (if the mangoes are sourer, we can increase the spice powder. If it is less sour, better you can decrease the amount of spice powder)
What can we do, if we don’t have fenugreek powder instantly at home?
If we don’t have fenugreek powder at home, just dry fry 1 tsp of fenugreek seeds in a pan for 3 minutes, and then grind it mortor and pestle. If you are going to grind it in blender, you must atleast add 1 tbsp to grind in mixer. And then you can take 1/8 tsp of fenugreek seeds powder. you can store the left over fenugreek powder for next time use.
Let us see how make instant mango pickle recipe
video recipe for mango pickle recipe :
Written recipe for mango pickle:
instant mango pickle
- 2 cup mango (thinly chopped) 1 medium-sized mango
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ⅛ tsp fenugreek powder
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri red chilly powder
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- ⅛ tsp fenugreek seeds
- ¼ tsp asafoetida
- few curry leaves
- Firstly, In a mixing bowl take 2 cups of thinly chopped mango slices
- Secondly, Add in 2 tsp of salt, ¼ tsp of turmeric powder, ⅛ tsp of fenugreek powder, 1 tbsp of Kashmiri red chilly powder. Mix well and keep aside.
- Heat ¼ cup of sesame oil/ sunflower oil, add in 1 tsp of mustard seeds, 1/8 tsp of fenugreek seeds, let the mustrard seeds splutter.
- Turn off the flame, then add ¼ tsp of asafoetida and curry leaves
- Pour this seasoning mixture over the mango-spice mixture and mix well
- After it comes to the normal temperature, finally, store it in an air-tight container.
Stepwise-Picture Recipe (mango pickle):
To begin with, Take the mangoes, wash it and wipe off the water completely
Now the mango pickle is ready to use. this pickle is a good combination for curd rice and sambar rice.
Keeping this mango pickle inside the fridge increase the shelf life. If you are not going to refrigerate, cover the upper portion of the pickle jar with oil to avoid getting spoil
following the instructions given in the introduction, gives you good shelf life
Along with mango pickle recipe Also, check out,
and also, follow us on