easy recipe dessert | aval sarkarai pongal | poha sweet pongal is an easy-to-make dish, This can be used as Krishna jayanthi prasadam. Along with aval kara pongal, this will make the perfect breakfast dish. Here I used medium aval for this recipe.
Let us see how to make easy recipe dessert | aval sarkarai pongal | poha sweet pongal
easy recipe dessert | aval sarkarai pongal | poha sweet pongal
- 2 tbsp moong dal
- 1 cup aval/ poha medium
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup jaggery
- 1 tbsp cashews
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 2 tbsp ghee +1 tsp ghee
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
cooking moong dal:
- In a pressure cooker, take 2 tbsp of moong dal, ¼ tsp ghee, ¾ cup of waterPressure cook for 6 whistlesafter pressure is released, open the lid, and set it aside for later use.
Making aval sarkarai pongal:
- In a pan, take 2 tbsp of ghee, and fry the chashews once it is half done, put the raisins and fry.take it off, and keep it aside for later use.
- with the remaining ghee, fry the aval in the medium flame, until it puffs up
- once all of the aval puff up well, pour 1 cup of milk and 1 cup of water and mix well
- once the milk level shrinks, put the cooked moong dal and mix well
- Next, add ¾ cup of jaggery and mix well
- at the thick pongal cocnsistency reached, add fried cashews, ¼ tsp of cardamom powder, and 1 tsp of ghee. mix well and turn off the flame