butter cake recipe is easy to make, doesn’t even need any icing. But icing is your optional. With a few basic ingredients on our pantry shelf, we could make this cake. This butter cake is perfect for a tea time snack. And also we can pack this in the snack box for kids. The soft and buttery cake is rich in butter fragrant. If we want to make any icing, we can make buttercream or vanilla cream for this cake. As we are using vanilla essence in this recipe we can say it as vanilla butter cake. It is all about making golden-colored melt in mouth butter cake with simple steps.
Let us get into the recipe of butter cake
butter cake recipe
- 1 cup All-purpose flour 120gram
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup unsalted butter (at room temperature) 100gram
- ½ cup sugar 100 gram
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp milk (1/3 cup)
- To begin with, preheat the oven at 200-degree Celcius. Make a tin ready lined with parchment paper. (or grease with butter and dust with flour)(I used 9½*5 inch tray)
- Firstly, sift the flour and baking powder and keep aside
- In a mixing bowl, beat the 1/2 cup (100 gram) butter and 1/2 cup sugar (100 gram) until it becomes pale.
- Then add ½ tsp vanilla essence
- Next, add 1 egg and beat, add the one more egg and beat
- Now add in 1/2 part of sited flour and 1/2 part of milk, mix
- Then add remaining flour and remaining milk, mix well with a spatula
- Pour the cake batter into the tin lined with parchment paper, tap the tin twice on the counter top
- bake it for 180 degrees for 30-35 degree Celcius or till the skewer inserted comes out clean
- take the tray out from the oven, cool it
- then slice it to your desired size.
To begin with, preheat the oven at 200-degree Celcius.
Make a tin ready lined with parchment paper. (or grease with butter and dust with flour)
(I used 9½*5 inch tray)
Stepwise Picture Recipe for Butter cake:
Icing is optional, You can make buttercream, or vanilla cream or choclate cream. We can serve this cake without any icing too
- Before starting the process, preheat the oven at 200 degrees, it is an important step.
- Use unsalted butter at room temperature (not melted or not cold)
- You can use a small-sized square or circle cake tin for this
- After we take the butter cake from the oven, allow it to cool for at least 15 minutes, and then take it out from the cake tin and slice
Along with this cake recipe, also check out
And also follow us on,