chicken recipe | chicken stuffed buns recipe or chicken stuffed buns are the ones that are spicy buns with chicken. We can make dough for buns by the usual method for making buns. For the stuffing, we can make it separately. Nowadays kids like baked foods and western foods like bread, pizza, buns, etc even though our Indian foods are tasty. It becomes compulsory to bake once a week to treat them. Let us see how to make it.
My elder one likes this bun very much, as it is soft and fluffy. And also, it is easy for her to eat by holding in one hand. We can make these buns for packing it for the picnic too.
Start the process by making dough. And rest it for 1 hour to be raised. During the resting time, we can make the chicken filling. After the dough raised well, assemble dough and chicken filling to buns. Then again rest it for 30 minutes(MeanwhilePreheat the oven). Final step is baking.
Let us see how to make chicken recipe | chicken stuffed buns recipe
chicken stuffed buns recipe
For making dough:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Instant dried yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp butter
For chicken filling:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 onion(chopped)
- 400 gram chicken (boneless) chop into small pieces
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilly powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup cheese
- oregano for sprinkling
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp milk (for brushing)
- Take 2 cups of all-purpose flour in a mixing bowl, add 1 tsp of active dried yeast, ½ tsp of salt, 1 tbsp of sugar, ½ cup of buttermilk, and an egg. just mix well with flour
- Now add in 2 tbsp of melted butter, mix well
- Knead the dough for 5 minutes
- Add 1 tsp of butter on the sides of the wall of the bowl and the upper surface of the dough
- Rest it for 1 hour or until it raised and doubles in its size.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan,
- Then add 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste and 1-onion (chopped), saute until onion becomes translucent
- Then add 400 gram of chicken, along with salt and 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Now add in 2 tbsp of fresh peas/ frozen peas and mix
- Now add 1 tsp coriander powder, ½ tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp of Kashmiri red chilly powder,1 tsp of paprika, mix well
- cover and cook in low flame for 5 minutes and then open the lid cook until water content gets shrink.
- finally add ¼ tsp of garam masala powder and mix well, turn off the flame.
assembling dough and chicken filling:
- After the dough doubles its size, press it down to remove the air inside. and place it over greased surface, divide into 6 equal porions
- spread each portion of dough into a circular shape, place 2 tbsp of chicken filling, place little cheese over the top sprinkle some oregano and cover and shape it places it over the baking tray
- Do it to all the dough portions and place it over the baking tray. cover it with a cotton cloth. Rest it for 30 minutes (it will raise 2 nd time and it will become bigger)(Check out the video for the recipe to get a clear picture)
- After 30 minutes, take the cloth off and brush it with milk
- sprinkle some sesame seeds over the buns
- Preheat the oven
- Bake the stuffed buns at 200 deg for 20 minutes
Stepwise Picture Recipe:
chicken recipe | chicken stuffed buns recipe
Proofing the dough:
Making Chicken filling meanwhile:
Now the chicken filling is ready.
(The chicken I bought here, usually oozes out water while cooking, so I didn’t add any water to cook. You can add some water to cook for your chicken. In the End, the chicken must be dry (not watery or oily)) (chicken recipe | chicken stuffed buns recipe)
After 1 hour:
then bake it to 200 degrees 20 minutes
- For the chicken filling: The chicken filling must be dry and not oily too. Here I have used 1 tbsp of oil to cook.
- Start the process with proofing the dough, during the resting period, make the chicken filling ready.
- then assemble the dough and chicken filling, again do rest it for 30 minutes. In the last 10 minutes preheat the oven to 200 degrees
- Do not overfill the buns. It may end up the opening of buns during baking.
Along with chicken recipe | chicken stuffed buns recipe, also check out other baking recipes in the blog,
and also follow us on